Melissa McDonald is a Lawyer who grew up on the Sunshine Coast and worked in a large Sunshine Coast Legal Firm for 16 and a half years prior to her admission as a Lawyer in February 2015. Melissa had the benefit of working alongside three of the Sunshine Coast’s most well known and respected senior Practitioners prior to their retirement in 2014. Having completed a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Southern Queensland and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at Australian National University, Melissa is admitted as a Practitioner in Queensland and in the High Court of Australia.
Melissa enjoys practising across a variety of legal areas and has gained experience over the years in many different fields of law including:
- Property and Conveyancing including property development and off plan contracts,
- Commercial Conveyancing, Commercial and Business transactions, Commercial, Retail Shop and Residential Leasing,
- Succession Law and Estate Planning including Wills / Testamentary Trusts / Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives,
- Family Law and Domestic Violence,
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters including debt recovery, Neighbourhood disputes and adult guardian matters
just to name a few.
Having appeared in the Supreme Court, Magistrates Court and Federal Circuit Court on behalf of clients as a Private Lawyer, Legal Aid Lawyer, Duty Lawyer and Friend of the Court, Melissa is able to assist clients through all aspects of their matter. In expanding her knowledge across a broad range of legal fields, Melissa hopes to guide and assist clients throughout all their legal matters, offering clients the continuity of being able to deal with one Lawyer, who knows them and their circumstances, as opposed to various departments within a firm.
With almost two decades of experience and a proactive attitude, Melissa aims to provide professional and efficient assistance to all clients.